Friday, October 5, 2007

MIT conjures up algorithm for neural prosthetic device

A team of MIT researchers have crafted "a new algorithm to help create prosthetic devices that convert brain signals into action in patients who have been paralyzed or had limbs amputated." Essentially, neural prosthetic devices "represent an engineer's approach to treating paralysis and amputation," and this particular process utilizes a method called graphical models which represents the "mathematical relationship" between what a human attempts to do and the "neural manifestation" of that goal. Granted, even the gurus hard at work on this stuff admit that it's quite a ways from being pushed out to the public, but there's already plans in place to convert the algorithm into a usable device in due time.

[Via CNET, image courtesy of MIT]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hello bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I was digging allowing for regarding that singular brand. The prices as regards the sneakers are approximately 220 bucks on every site. But completely I found this locate selling them for half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hello dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that particular model. The prices for the velcros were around 310 bucks on every site. But for all I set this locate selling them for half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what can you say about it?