Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Netflix CEO Comments On Recent Decisions

Posted by Unknown Lamer  

from the everyone's-a-critic dept.
ExE122 writes"Netflix CEO Reed Hastings makes several comments about mistakes that were made over the past year. Hastings claimed, 'We moved too fast with it', [trying to exit the DVD-by-mail business] and explains that he still thinksInternet video will dominate in the coming years. From the article: 'Hastings also faced tough questions about last month's double-bomb disclosure: Netflix now expects to lose money for all of 2012, and it is looking to raise cash in a secondary offering of its stock.'"

1 comment:

Xia said...

Well there is one thing that Hastings can do well with accuracy, and that is admitting that he is wrong. I jumped ship from Netflix when they raised their prices earlier this year, and I was delighted that I avoided the Qwikster scare. I actually thought that all of Hastings actions this year were hilarious! I did not give up entertainment though; I switched to the Blockbuster Movie Pass because it offers me DVD’s, Blu-ray’s, and video games, along with streaming for a flat rate that beats Netflix’s prices. I just had the pass added to my employee subscription with DISH Network, and I do not miss Netflix or Hastings’ hoopla at all. I just wonder if Netflix does go under in 2012, what company would want to hire Hastings after the whole ordeal.