Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rob Lowe kills bird - gives up golfing forever

For me, golf represents the world's most frustrating sport and a hugedrain on local water resources. For many devoted fans, however, the sport represents the source of some of purest emotional highs -- and lows-- available in life. Take Rob Lowe for example, at a recent celebrity tournament, one of his famous sand wedge shots managed to strike a goldfinch in mid air and kill it. Things spiraled downhill from there. 

Not only had Rob accidentally killed the bird, but it turns out that the goldfinch happens to be Iowa's state bird -- and his birdicide was punishable with prison time. According to Lowe: "By the time that the state police had found out, they (golf officials) had sequestered me away into the clubhouse, and I sort of made my escape. I was completely traumatized so I've given up the game." Wow, we always figured that Rob was a lover not a fighter, but giving up the game? It was an accident, after all. 

Was this mother nature's way of telling Rob to give up the water-intensive sport? Or just a reminder of the fragility of nature?


[via Ecorazzi}

No comments: