Friday, October 3, 2008

A Lamborghini hybrid?!

 
Can you say tipping point? When I was hoping to someday be able to trade in my Prius in for something sexier, the big goal was a Mercedes convertible that didn't run on french fry grease (although I'll take one of those!) 

Now I can really dream big. Lamborghini showed their latest concept car, the Estoque, at the Paris Car Show this week. Since it's still an idea, rather than a real car, they discussed the different types of engine that could go in the four-door, four-seater. The first two options were diesel/million horses/V-infinity, but the third possibility got my attention: a V8 with a hybrid module.

Wow. If the existing technology is good enough for an iconic Italian sportscar maker to bandying about potential hybrid V8s, then can Joe Six-pack and his pickup truck far behind?

No comments: